A Few of Our Favorites
With over 15,000 disc golf courses worldwide, and over five new ones opening daily, there are far more must-play courses than we could ever list. But here are some that we’d like to highlight. These locations are among the most scenic and well-designed disc golf courses in the world.
The Winthrop Arena:
The Winthrop Arena is as mentally demanding as a course can get. Located on Winthrop University’s campus in Rock Hill, South Carolina, the course presents a combination of narrow fairways, strategically-placed OBs, and treacherous water hazards. Features like the long walk to the tournament-making (or breaking) hole 17, make Winthrop as much a battle against your own nerves as it is a battle against the course.
Winthrop has hosted the USDGC since the tournament’s inception in 1999. Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Winthrop has had decades to develop into the legendary disc golf destination that it has become. In that time, the course h...
PRODUCT RATING: 5 Out of 5 Stars, (Blank: Not Rated).
Click on link to see more information, images, reviews by verified users and any alternatives:
The Black Hole Practice is designed to be high quality, lightweight, and affordable. Lightweight enough to move around the yard and set up any shot you want to practice, yet durable enough to take the continual use. PRACTICE BASKET – The Black Hole Practice brings your disc golf putting game to your back yard. 24 CHAINS – Professional quality design oriented for zero weak pockets – reducing cut throughs and pole bounces. QUICK ASSEMBLY – Assembles or disassembles in under a minute. STURDY – All-Metal construction with a unique threaded tension connection design. PDGA STANDARDS – Built to standard PDGA Height & Size Regulation
List Price: $114.95
By: Jim Title: MVP Disc Sports Black Hole Practice 24-Chain Portable Disc Golf Basket Target Sourced From: golf-golf.com/mvp-disc-sports-black-...
After finishing up about an hour early today at the Oregon Manufacturers’ Summit in Tigard, I thought I would try and get greedy and sneak in ONE MORE disc golf course before I returned to my new courses desert in Coos Bay (the nearest course to me that I have not played is about 75-80 minutes East of me). Only one problem: it was pouring rain up in Portland. But the further I drove South (more like crawled, as it took forever to get out of the city with bumper-to-bumper traffic), the lighter the rain became. And by the time I made it as far South as Albany, Oregon, I decided that getting a little wet would be worth the additional +1 in my Courses Played Collection.
So I checked on UDisc for a good course that I hadn’t yet had the privilege of playing, and I decided that Bryant Park on the West side of Albany would be the winner. A bit of a monster, weighing in at over 6,800 feet over eighteen holes, it wasn’t the quick, easy +1 that might have made more s...
Comments
Post a Comment